CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

No Place Like Home

The boys in Sedona Red and I agree. Home is where the heart is as they break out the broom and sweep off the porch. I really think Brandon Webb could possibly throw a no-hitter this year, but the chances of a perfect game are slim given the defense fielded behind him.

There's an interesting point to be made by Jerry Brown over at the east Valley Tribune:

I'm enjoying watching the D-Backs play, but there is one thing that should keep Arizona's spikes on the ground: After Thursday's win, they were 11 games over .500 for the season, and Brandon Webb was 9-0. So when he doesn't pitch, they're the Dodgers.
Interleague play starts this weekend. Have I mentioned how much I hate Interleague play? Apparently, I am in the minority when it comes to this. Here's what some of Arizona's personnel think about it.

Hey, I'd probably love it if we got to play the Yankees and Red Sox all the time. I do have a friend in Boston that is stoked about the D-Backs playing in Fenway later this year. Imagine that! But this weekend the Tigers are coming to town. I have absolutely no interest in the Tigers even when they are winning. Detroit's offense is explosive on paper but they have yet to translate that to the field of play where it counts. It should be another good chance to see how the D-Backs measure up against teams outside the NL West though because you really, really need to be able to beat teams in other divisions to win a championship.

And if you want to know how bad things are in Denver (snicker), check out Ken Rosenthal's column. He thinks that the Rockies have very little chance of signing Matt Holliday to an extension and that he could be prime trade bait. Holliday is signed through 2009 and will make $13 million next year. He is reportedly seeking a long term deal of more than 4 years.

Who might be in the market for Holliday? Rosenthal thinks that Cleveland, St Louis, the Yankees (duh), Oakland, Detroit, Toronto, Seattle and the Mets could be suitors.

Rosenthal also thinks that Garrett Atkins and closer Brian Fuentes could be on the block.

Like I said earlier - I'd rather be me than you.

0 comments: