CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sweep L.A.

Yesterday (Wednesday) since hubby was off work I played hooky and went to the final game of the DBacks/Dodgers series. It was a beautiful afternoon to watch a ballgame. It seemed more like an April day in Southern California than in Arizona.

Micah Owings pitched well, but he was getting hit pretty hard early. The Dbacks stranded too many baserunners again which will be troublesome if they continue to fall back into those old habits, but a win is a win and a sweep makes the win even better, and it was good to see Brandon Lyon pick up the save and Byrnsie come up with some clutch hits.

Here is Eric Byrnes' picture on the new scoreboard (which is really awesome).

chicks dig the long ballAnd here is the new pre-game opening. I have to admit that I haven't really cared for any of these since the very first one that featured the music of U2.

2 comments:

Michael Norton said...

Welcome to your new digs. This site looks awesome! You've done a really nice job on it.

Michael Norton - Some Clubhouse
http://www.someclubhouse.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Michael. I really appreciate that. You know, this is so much more fun than MLBlogs! Once they changed over to typepad or wordpress or whatever it was. I couldn't figure out how to change anything.

By the way, I was checking out your other blogs the other day. I'm a bit of a political junkie myself (in a self-imposed withdrawal at the moment) and have really enjoyed those posts as well as your Nats blog.

I appreciate your continued support of this chick who just likes to talk about baseball. :-)