CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Start A Fire

Start with manager Bob Melvin, who looks like he has no clue how to make this team win. Bunting your BEST hitter with the game tied and 2 on and nobody out in the late innings? Putting your error prone 3rd baseman at first - a position he has never played in the majors - after pinch hitting in the 7th? Where was Robby Hammock? It looks like poor bench management and DESPERATION to me.

Continue with 3rd base coach Chip Hale. I have seen far too many base running mistakes between 2nd base and home this year to think he should be spared.

Yes, I know there were a lot of wasted chances last night, and yes, I know many of them were precipitated by poor decision making on AND off the field. Yes, I know the coaches don't play the games on the field, but this team and it's fans have come to expect games like the one last night and that's not a good thing. Did anyone seriously think we might win that game when Chad Qualls came trotting out of the bullpen?

I'm going to the game on July 4th, and not even looking forward to it. Hell, they're not even fun to watch on TV. I'll almost be relieved when we finally slip out of first place. This freefall has been too long and too painful to watch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tracy!! I have read your entries for the past few weeks. I am a Red Sox fan, but I appreciate your love of the game and your team. After watching my boys get swept by the Rays this week, I can certainly understand SOME of what you are going thru. I thought the D'Backs were there this year and to watch this "freefall" has GOT to be painful. I feel for ya Tracy!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Red Sox Fan! You know, your team would be in first if the Rays weren't playing in a different stratosphere this year. Maybe you'll feel better after you sweep the Bronx this weekend. :-)

Q: Why are A-Rod and Madonna getting along so well?
A: They both hit 50 the same year.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Don't be a stranger. :-)